Have you ever had a day where you just felt so lousy and you didn’t know what you could do to change it? I’ve dealt with this first hand and it’s nothing like a negative mood to ruin your whole day. I am here to offer you 5 steps that work for me when I’m being pessimistic.
- If you’re feeling down get off of social media there’s nothing worse than feeling crappy about your life but continuing to spend your time comparing your life to someone else’s. You’re bound to feel even worse about your predicament.
- Connect with someone you trust. A friend a family, or even a mental health care professional. Sometimes all we need is to just get the negative emotions out and speak them out loud. We might end up seeing how silly we sound after we’ve expressed ourselves.
- Get out and do something that you enjoy doing. Examples; ride a bike, go for a walk, paint, take pictures of yourself, go dance class, or go out to eat with a friend. Just being outside in the fresh air can help get our minds off of things.
- Exercise! Even if you aren’t a gym rat or someone that goes to the gym often. Just by getting the endorphins flooding your mind and body have scientifically been proven to reduce low moods.
- Last but not least, remember that is perfectly normal and okay to feel down sometimes. We are human and it’s just apart of who we are. Take a nap or just go to sleep for the day, refresh your body and mind. You can even meditate if you feel up to it before you sleep.
Even if you do the above-mentioned steps and you still don’t feel your best it’s alright we all go through. Use every day as an opportunity to be your best self! It’ll lead you down a path to less down days. I hope this helps! Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter, like, comment, and share my content! Thank you for visiting, see you soon!